Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Tri - Yearly Reading Update 2: What to Expect.



Yow! Hey! 

Time is almost upon us for the second third of the year to come to a close. That means my "Reading Update" log is nearly here.

Last time I wrote one of these, I only counted books -- novels, non-fiction, comics, etc. Stuff you could pick up and flip through. This time I went all out, and have compiled my thoughts on a lot of other media I consumed in these short four months. In the next update I'll be listing; 

- Novels 
- Non-Fiction 
- Magazines
- Poetry
- Comics/Manga/Graphic Novels 
- Film and Television 
- Anime
- Albums/EP's/Original Soundtracks 

That means I'll be restructuring how I approach this project. Instead of "Reading Update," I think I'll re-title it to something like "Media Update." I played with the idea of using the word "Art," as in, "Art Update," but despite all of this media being art in a literal sense I think using the word a little cheesy and/or misleading. 

In the future I want to include live performances (such as plays or concerts), video games, possibly YouTube content, and visual arts like paintings and sculptures if I manage to see or acquire them. These aren't things I partake in frequently, so don't expect them; but if I do, you'll see it here. 

And then this brings us to the future of my Tri-Yearly "Media" Update. I will finish out this year with the last log in December, and see where we go from there. This blog doesn't have a large audience (or really any audience at all), which is totally fine; it's more for me than for anything or anyone else, but tracking my media is actually really exhausting. It feels intimidating, like there's a quota. Writers should read, and to that I agree -- but we'll just have to wait and see how much more I do for the time being. 

Until then. Keep reading, watching, listening, and discussing. Bye for now!


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to keep track of the music I listen to so I could see how my tastes change (or go on rotations). It would be interesting to see that a year ago I was only listening to rock and alt rock, where as now I am listening to a bunch of RnB albums...

    ReplyDelete

Change of Plans - I've been Journaling

Hello everyone. It's been a while, hasn't it? Six whole months -- the year is half over. In January, I wrote a 2023 plans post (whic...