Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween! I PUBLISHED SOME WRITING!

Happy Halloween! 

 
 
Not long ago, I posted a Book Club post about Robert W. Chambers' "The King in Yellow," but it was not exactly what it said on the tin. If you've seen the page, you would know that it is, instead, just a grouping of links to The Many Horrors of Windle Rock. 

And... yeah! A long time ago, when I made this blog, I said some of my writing would be available to read at some point. And, well, it's here! It's not in print, or professionally published, but I have made an account on Royal Road, the web novel hosting website, and I've since finished a ten part short story collection. 

The Many Horrors of Windle Rock tell the story of Windle Rock, a coastal village in Ireland, that seems to oft fall victim to the sinister forces of the eldritch. It seems like an episodic anthology at first, but some things do reveal themselves as more connected than they appear. Then, by episode ten, the whole story seems to culminate in... well, you'll have to give it a read. Today is the perfect day.

(Read it by clicking this link right here!) 

I wrote this as a general experiment, playing with horror and its subgenres like cosmic horror (think H.P. Lovecraft), internet horror (Creepypastas like Slender Man, Smile Dog, etc.) and dabbling a tiny bit in splatter horror (like Saw) and dark fairy tales (like the original Brothers Grimm). If that isn't your thing, I don't blame you one bit. But from now on, I'll be writing quite a bit on Royal Road under the username "The King in Yellow," so bookmark it. I'll also have a new page on this blog that will help you find the link! 

That's about it, really. So far the little collection has gotten pretty good reception, so I guess I'm not such a shit writer after all. (If you want to prove me wrong, though, go right on ahead). Until next time... have a positively spooky day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Change of Plans - I've been Journaling

Hello everyone. It's been a while, hasn't it? Six whole months -- the year is half over. In January, I wrote a 2023 plans post (whic...